We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 27-31 March 2020.
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of two Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officers Krishan Mohan Prasad and Satish Kumar Gupta as members of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Board.
- Army Chief Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane has launched ‘Operation Namaste’ to extend assistance to the govt in containing the spread of coronavirus and insulate the force from the pandemic. Under the operation, the army will help the Government of India fight against the deadly disease.
- The Government of India has formed 11 empowered groups to deal with COVID-19. These 11 empowered groups have been have been set up by the GoI under the Disaster Management Act and tasked to ensure a comprehensive and integrated response to COVID-19. These groups constitute a senior representative from PMO and the Cabinet Secretariat to ensure smooth coordination.
- ICICI Bank has rolled out the banking services on WhatsApp which will enable the banks’ retail customers to undertake a slew of banking requirements from their home amid lockdown in the country due to COVID-19 pandemic. To avail the services on Whatsapp, customers have to message ‘Hi’ from their registered mobile number to the Bank’s verified profile number in order to start instantly.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has announced that the world has clearly entered a recession due to the coronavirus pandemic. It has emphasized that the current recession is even worse than that of 2009. The statements about the world economy were made after the meeting of governing body of the IMF, the International Monetary and Financial Committee.
- The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 have been postponed by one year and will be held from 23 July to 8 August, 2021. The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 were earlier scheduled to be held from 24 July to 9 August 2020. The decision to postpone the 32nd edition of the tournament was taken by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) along with the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Government of Japan. The decision has been taken by the IOC amid the COVID-19 pandemic.