We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 26-31 January 2020.
- A festival to celebrate the spirit of India “Bharat Parv 2020” has begun at Red Fort Ground in New Delhi. The theme of this year’s Bharat Parv is ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ and ‘Celebrating 150 Years of Mahatma Gandhi.
- India’s first e-waste clinic is being opened in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Britain has unveiled a new 50 pence coin minted to mark Brexit (British exit). Brexit is the withdrawal of the United Kingdom (UK) from the European Union (EU) .
- Andhra Pradesh (AP) cabinet has adopted a resolution to abolition the legislative council, which the government feels is a major hurdle for passing crucial bills. This cabinet chaired by the chief minister (CM) YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
- Sunil Mehta took over as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA).
Here is the list of winners of Grammy Awards 2020:
|1.||Album Of The Year||When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (Billie Eilish)|
|2.||Record Of The Year||Bad Guy (Billie Eilish)|
|3.||Best New Artist||Billie Eilish|
- The 3rd Global Potato Conclave-2020 begins today at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The State Government of Odisha has launched a virtual police station where people can lodge complaints from their respective districts without visiting Police Station. The e-police station will function from the State Crime Records Bureau in Bhubaneswar.
- Oxford University Press (OUP) named “Samvidhaan” (Constitution) the Oxford Hindi Word of 2019. The word was chosen as 2019 saw the values of democracy, secularism, justice, liberty, equality and fraternity being tested on the touchstone of the Constitution or “Samvidhaan”.
- World’s largest meditation centre was inaugurated at Kanha Shanti Vanam in Hyderabad, Telangana. This centre is built to mark the 75th anniversary of the formation of Shri Ram Chandra Mission (SRCM) and Heartfulness Institute.
- Indian Navy has launched “Operation Vanilla” to provide humanitarian assistance and disaster relief at Madagascar. ‘Operation Vanilla’ has been launched to provide assistance to the affected population of Madagascar post devastation caused by Cyclone Diane.
- The World Sustainable Summit 2020 is an annual event organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) at New Delhi. This year theme of the event is: ‘Towards 2030: Making the Decade Count’.
- Nepal has created a new Guinness World Record for organizing highest altitude Fashion Show on the earth.
- Well-known theatre person, Sanjana Kapoor received the prestigious French honour of ‘Chevalier dans lOrdre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) for her outstanding contribution to the field of theatre.
- The 9th edition of joint military training exercise between India-Bangladesh SAMPRITI-IX will be conducted at Umroi, Meghalaya.
- Indian women’s team captain Rani Rampal became the 1st-ever hockey player worldwide to win the prestigious ‘World Games Athlete of the Year’ award 2019.