We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 26th-30th April, 2020.
- Under the provisions of the Industrial Disputes Act, the Banking Industry has been declared by the Government of India as a “Public Utility Service”. This step has been taken by the government in purview of the coronavirus pandemic which has deeply impacted the economic activities. As per the notification issued by the Labour Ministry, the Banking Industry has been declared as a “Public Utility Service” for a period of 6 months i.e. till 21st October 2020.
- Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud has abolished the death penalty for crimes committed by minors. The new order states that any individual who has received a death sentence for crimes committed while he or she is a minor will no longer face execution.
- Nokia and Bharti Airtel has signed a multi-year agreement of around $1 billion in order to improve the network capacity of Bharti Airtel. This $1 billion deal will improve customer experience of Bharti Airtel’s customers by providing them best-in-class connectivity.
- Suresh N Patel took oath as the Vigilance Commissioner in the anti-corruption watchdog CVC. He took the oath of office by Central Vigilance Commissioner Sanjay Kothari through video conference. He will have a tenure of over two years, till late December 2022, in the CVC.
- The Government of India has appointed T.S. Tirumurti as the next Ambassador or Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations. He will replace Sayyad Akbaruddin as the Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations at New York.