We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 22-26 March 2020.
- The United Kingdom has been confirmed as the first co-chair of the Governing Council of Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI). Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure is an India-led global climate initiative which was established by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the UN Climate Action Summit 2019 held in New York City, USA.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan was sworn in as Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. He took oath for the fourth time as Chief Minister. Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Kamal Nath resigned just before the Supreme Court’s deadline to prove his majority in a trust vote.
- The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has named Hillel Furstenberg from Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel and Gregory Margulis from Yale University, the USA as winners of the Abel Prize 2020 for their “pioneering use of methods from probability & dynamics in group theory, number theory and combinatorics”. They share the prize & the amount of Norwegian Krone 7.5 Million (USD 8.3400).
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has set up India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai. Reliance Foundation has opened this Hospital in collaboration with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in Mumbai. All beds in the hospital are equipped with the required infrastructure, bio-medical equipment such as ventilators, pacemakers, dialysis machine and patient monitoring devices.
- Indian footballer Sunil Chhetri chosen for FIFA campaign against Covid-19. FIFA and the World Health Organization (WHO) have teamed up to combat the coronavirus by launching a new awareness campaign led by world-renowned footballers.
- Sameer Aggarwal has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Walmart India. He will take over as CEO from Krish Iyer with effect from 1st April 2020.
- Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud will chair the Extraordinary Virtual G20 leaders’ Summit. The extraordinary Virtual Summit of G20 leaders will feature the participation of leaders across the globe including Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The summit will deliberate on strategies to combat the coronavirus pandemic.
- The International Olympic Committee and Tokyo Olympic organizers agreed to move the Tokyo Games to 2021. Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and the head of the International Olympic Committee agreed to postpone the Tokyo 2020 Games by a year in an extraordinary move, unprecedented in peacetime, as the world battles the coronavirus pandemic.