We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 21-25 January 2020.
- The 50th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum begins in Davos, Switzerland. This year 50th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum theme will be “Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World”.
- The 2nd edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 begins in New Delhi. These event is being organized by the National Informatics Centre. This year conclave theme is “Technologies for Next-Gen Governance”.
- The 1st edition of Global Social Mobility Report 2020 titled “The Global Social Mobility Report 2020: Equality, Opportunity and a New Economic Imperative” released by World Economic Forum. As per the Index, India ranked has 76th position with a score of 42.7, while Denmark topped the list.
- The United Nations has released its annual flagship report “World Economic Situation and Prospects Report 2020″. The report depicts the state of the world economy through the lens of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- “Zomato” has announced the acquisition of Uber Eats business in India. Uber Eats is an Uber Technologies Inc’s food delivery business in India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has chaired the 32nd interaction through PRAGATI platform which was held in New Delhi. PRAGATI is defined as the ICT-based, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation. The PRAGATI platform also addresses the grievances of the common people.
- On the occasion of 71st Republic Day Parade at Raj Path, New Delhi on 26 January, President of Brazil Jair Messias Bolsonaro has been invited as the chief guest.
- Maharashtra Government has made the reading of the Preamble of the Constitution mandatory for the Maharashtra schools. The reading will be done after prayer in all primary and secondary schools in Maharashtra.
- The Bharti Airtel Ltd has received the approval from the Telecom department to increase the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the company to 100%. The approval will enable Bharti Airtel company to raise more funds as per its requirement.
- “World Gold Outlook 2020” has been released by World Gold Council in which it placed Reserve Bank of India on 6th position in the largest buyer of sovereign gold abroad.
- Niranjan Bhat will head the committee set up by the Supreme Court of India to firm up draft legislation to give legal sanctity to disputes settled through mediation.
- Uttarakhand has become the 1st state in the country where the government has made a policy to lease agricultural land.
- ICICI Bank has rolled out “Cardless Cash Withdrawal” service through ATM. The “Cardless Cash Withdrawal” service can be used for cash withdrawal having a per day transaction limit of Rs 20,000.
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has appointed Challa Sreenivasulu Setty as the Managing Director of the State Bank of India.
|Canara Bank||Lingam Venkat Prabhakar||Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO)|
|Bank of Baroda||Sanjiv Chadha||Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO)|
|Bank of India||Atanu Kumar Das||Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO)|
- The Reserve Bank of India has increased the investment limit for Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) from 20% to 30% in government & corporate bonds.
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has released the 12th edition of the “Democracy Index 2019: A year of democratic setbacks and popular protest”. Norway topped the Index while North Korea was placed at the bottom of the list. India has been placed at 51st position among 167 countries in the Index and was included in flawed democracy.
- Maharashtra has topped the medal tally of the 3rd season of the Khelo India Youth Games concluded in Guwahati
- ‘Vyommitra’ or “friend in the sky” a half-humanoid robot for Gaganyaan Space Mission has been unveiled by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The 44th International Kolkata Book Fair (IKBF) will be held with Russia as the focal theme country.
- Reliance Jio has become the 1st telecom operator to facilitate UPI payments feature through its platform after launching the feature on the MyJio app and will be now competing with other private UPI payment providers such as Paytm, Google Pay and PhonePe.
- The Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) has got a new chairman- Sunil Arora for the year 2020.