Current GK Dose: 1st May, 2020-5th May, 2020

We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 1st-5th May, 2020.

  • Former Axis Bank CEO, Shikha Sharma named advisor to Google Pay India. Google Pay is one of the leading apps on Unified Payments Payments Interface (UPI), battling with the likes of Amazon Pay, Paytm, etc.
  • An IIT Madras Professor Thalappil Pradeep has been selected for the Nikkei Asia Prize 2020. Professor Thalappil Pradeep will be conferred with the Nikkei Asia Prize 2020 in the category of ‘Science and Technology’.
  • Manipuri doctor, Thangjam Dhabali Singh conferred ‘Order of Rising Sun’ by Japan government. This award is given for him to promoting a better understanding of Japan in India and deepening ties between the two countries.
  • An Extraordinary Virtual G20 Digital Economy Ministers summit was held under the presidency of Saudi Arabia. Union Minister for Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & IT, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad represented India in the virtual summit. The virtual summit also featured the participation of Digital Ministers of 19 other G20 Members, invited countries and International Organisations.
  • India’s epic mythological saga of the 1980s, ‘Ramayan’ has created the world record of Highest Viewed Entertainment Programme Globally. On 16th April, 2020, the mythological show was watched by 7.7 crore viewers all over the world.
  • The Government of India has raised the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) of 49 items. The increase in MSP across various items of minor forest produce varies from 16% to 66%. The Pricing Cell set up under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India revises the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) once in every 3 years.
  • Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) is going to launch a National e-commerce marketplace ‘bharatmarket’. It would be launched for all retail traders nationwide and aims to integrate 95% of retail traders onboard the national platform.
  • The Government of Maharashtra  has announced the inclusion of state’s whole population under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Aarogya Yojana. The state will provide free health treatment to cent per cent population of the state. At present, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana is covering 85% of the state’s population. With the latest announcement, the benefits of the scheme have been extended towards the remaining 15% people of state.
  • HDFC Bank has released a song titled #HumHaarNahiMaanenge to keep hopes up amidst the ongoing national lockdown and Covid-19 pandemic. The lyrics of the song has been penned by Prasoon Joshi and music has been composed by AR Rahman. 
  • Indian journalists namely Dar Yasin, Mukhtar Khan and Channi Anand have been honoured with the 2020 Pulitzer Prize. These journalists have won the award in the field of feature photography. All the three journalists belongs to Associated Press. They have been awarded for the lockdown coverage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *