We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 17-21 March 2020.
- Justice DY Chandrachud directed the Centre to grant permanent commission to serving women officers in Navy within three months with increments. The judgment follows a verdict by the Apex Court in favour of granting permanent for women in the Indian Army.
- ATK FC (Football Club) won the ISL (Indian Super League) trophy for the 3rd time following a 3-1 win against Chennaiyin FC in the final match held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Margao, Goa.
- The 7th World Cities Summit (WCS) is to be held from July 5 to 9, 2020 at Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, in Singapore. It is organized by Singapore’s Centre for Liveable Cities and the Urban Redevelopment Authority. The theme for WCS 2020 is ”Liveable and Sustainable Cities: Adapting to a Disrupted World”.
- The government nominated former Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi, 65 years old, to Rajya Sabha. He was nominated by President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind, under the exercise of the powers conferred by sub-clause (a) of clause (1) of article 80 of the Constitution of India, read with clause (3) of that article to the Council of States and to fill the vacancy caused due to the retirement of one of the nominated members. Ranjan Gogoi will be the successor of K.T.S Tulsi.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the validity of Authorization to Vakrangee Limited till March 31, 2021 to set up, own and operates the White Label ATMs (WLA) Business in India. In this regard, Renewal of Authorization has been granted to Vakrangee Limited.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has declared the formulation of COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force, to be led by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Its objective is to tackle the economic challenges arising out of novel coronavirus outbrea In this regard, Sitharaman held a meeting with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Minister Nitin Gadkari, Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel to assess the situation.