We know that a CLAT Aspirant must keep up to date with the latest happenings around the world. The best way to do this is to keep track of the latest current affairs daily. We also know that reading the newspaper every day is a time-consuming process. That’s why we bring to you the Current GK Dose for 12th-16th May, 2020.
- The Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru has won this year’s SKYTRAX Award for Best Regional Airport in India and Central Asia. The airport was voted by customers because of the Best Regional Airport in India & Central Asia for the third time in four years at the 2020 World Airport Awards.
- As the whole world is fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi addressed his countrymen and announced an Economic Package of Rs 20 Lakh crore, giving stress on land, labour, liquidity and law. Details of the Economic Package will be revealed very shortly by the Ministry of Finance. This package will intend to support farmers, labourers, fishermen, migrants and the industry of the country. Through this package, PM announced to ensure the rural India from the COVID-19 pandemic. During his speech, PM stressed on the local products and urged his countrymen to be “Vocal About Local”. He also mentioned that details of the phase-IV of the lockdown will be shared before 18th May, 2020. He stated that Phase-IV of the lockdown will be different from the earlier ones and will be redesigned with new rules.
- The Sohrai Khovar painting of Jharkhand and Telia Rumal of Telangana have received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag from the Geographical Indications Registry.
- Odisha cadre IAS, Manoj Ahuja has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Indian tennis player Sania Mirza becomes 1st Indian to win Fed Cup Heart Award 2020 for Asia/Oceania zone. She beats Indonesia’s 16-year-old Priska Madelyn Nugroho for this category & received the award for her successful return to the court after becoming a mother.
- 17 journalists from 14 countries have been named for Deutsche Welle Freedom of Speech Award 2020 for showing “outstanding commitment to human rights and freedom of expression in the media”. Indian journalist Siddharth Varadarajan is among the 17 recipients.
- India has been ranked at 74th position on the Global ‘Energy Transition Index’ by the World Economic Forum (WEF). India has moved up two positions with improvements on all key parameters of economic growth, energy security and environmental sustainability.
- Slovenia becomes the 1st nation in Europe to declare an official end to the COVID-19 pandemic. More restrictions have now been eased in the country and people entering from other European Union states.
- GOAL (Going Online As Leaders)” programme has been launched by the Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda for Digital Skilling of Tribal Youth. The Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) is a joint initiative of Facebook India with Ministry of Tribal affairs. The program has a target to empower 5,000 tribal youths in the present phase in order to harness the full potential of digital platforms as well as tools to understand new ways of doing business, explore and connect with domestic and international markets.